ROAR Online Publication Software
If you publish a newspaper, magazine or online publication then ROAR Online Publication Software is the answer for running your publication website.
ROAR is perfect for publications of any size and it's loaded with powerful features and controls designed to provide the professional look and functionality you need to stand out from the competition.
Design says everything about your publication, whether good or bad. A well designed website is crucial for the success of your publication, as it draws readers and advertisers alike, whereas a poorly designed site can undermine your best efforts.
Many online publications do not provide their visitors with a pleasant place to "hang out", instead their sites are a tangled mess of poorly designed menus, garish advertisements, and ill-conceived layout.
When contemplating the design features ROAR would incorporate, our team researched leading publication websites to culminate an array of sleek, sophisticated and modern elements that would set your site, and publication, apart.
You no longer have to sacrifice design for functionality. Why not have it all... with ROAR we've achieved the perfect balance of elegance and power.
User Friendly and Efficient
Over time, you'll invest hundreds of hours of staff time, not to mention countless dollars to produce your online content. Therefore, the online publication software you use must be easy to navigate and help reduce labor-intensive and out-dated staff procedures that drive up your costs.
ROAR is highly intuitive, user friendly, and eliminates the inefficiencies and repetitive tasks found in other publication software, which means more money in your pocket. It simplifies processes, streamlines procedures, and gives you a beautiful online presence.
Fast and Secure
ROAR uses a platform that achieves superior performance because it is high-level and optimized. This means the amount of code interpreted in a single page request is rarely high so complex web pages can be processed in as little as 15 milliseconds delivering performances similar to compiled C or C++ applications.
ROAR incorporates secure-by-default architecture. This is not possible when integration with HTML is not a part of the language. Web applications built with other languages often place the burden of security on the programmer, who does not always have the ability to keep up on the latest security measures. Our solution offers a built in safety net because the security is inherent in the engine that powers it.
Today, publication websites must be interactive to survive, and thrive. It's no longer enough to simply publish your content online without eliciting participation from readers to keep them engaged. Interactivity drives traffic to your site and boosts your rankings with search engines, in turn drawing more readers, increasing circulation and advertising, and ultimately revenue.
One of ROAR's key interactive features is the ability for readers to post comments on your articles, effectively turning every story into a blog. Websites powered by ROAR contain a mechanism allowing readers to share your articles and interact with every major social network (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc.) Interactivity is the key to success for today's online publications.
Search Engine Friendly
The term "search engine friendly" may be used to describe website designs, menus, content management systems, images, videos, shopping carts, and other elements that have been optimized for the purpose of search engine exposure.
ROAR was designed from start to finish to be search engine friendly because it is a crucial element in any content management system. By catering to Google's preferences and specifications, ROAR delivers optimal search engine exposure.
For more information, contact us at 907.223.7872 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview Of ROAR Features
- Contains both a standard paywall and a metered paywall feature
- Customizable menus, sub-menus and page content
- Keywords feature linking articles by commonly used words and phrases
- Search story archives via a normal search, or by clicking on a word, phrase, issue date, series, author, section, etc.
- Search engine friendly URLs
- Automatic hotlinking of URLs in stories
- Automated slideshows at top and bottom of homepage
- Automatic resizing of images on the fly, basically images are auto-resized and cropped, creating multiple shapes and sizes
- Web ad rotation with flexible sizes and placement
- Business directory feature, where client addresses sync with with Google maps
- Store feature, tied into the USPS shipping calculator, allows for advanced shipping options
- Classifieds feature with online submission form, allows for photos
- Photo feature to post an unlimited number of images to your website
- Easily embed YouTube videos in stories or on your homepage
- Create your own forms allowing readers to submit obituaries, opinion pieces, etc., forms can be paid or free, and may contain photos
- Simple insertion of Google Calendar or most 3rd party calendar solutions, also allows users to submit events
- Shopping cart allows for purchase of any combination of subscriptions (new or renewals), store items, and classified ads with one simple check out process using PayPal
- Simple implementation of Google Ads or similar ad networks, as well as Google Analytics and Google Consumer Surveys
- Powerful blog feature allows readers to leave comments on any story (optional staff moderation)
- Create and store news bulletins for an optional news bulletin service
- Automated daily, weekly and monthly cronjobs keeps website optimized
- Database driven auto generating RSS feed
- Database driven auto generating Sitemap
- Ability to create a 'buddy system' of multiple newspaper websites; database a story once, then push the story and its photos to other publication websites in your network
- Easy to use staff interface for minimal training
- Powerful and feature-rich control panel to control order processing, subscriber list importing, web ads, stories and photos, reader comments, store items, classifieds, forms, directories, calendars and more
- Unique control panel, allowing for enabling/disabling and modification of nearly every feature using 'switches' rather than plugins or code modification
- Ability to set different levels of staff access via master Admin page
- Various staff controls to limit access to subscribers
- Staff ability to control "permissions" on reader comments/blog with optional moderation
- Staff email notifications of orders, ad expiration, contact from readers, and various system reminders
- Easy-edit admin page allows for site-wide changes from one location (publication name, slogan, prices, address, etc.)
- Flexible navigation allowing for article categories to be established if desired
- Ability to establish a Series for related articles
- Easy to add multiple story templates
- Flexible settings for determining level of public access to your content
- Assists staff in building of bulk emails and maintaining black lists / exclude list
- Detailed staff FAQ to answer common questions
- Subscribers can change their mailing address, password, etc. via a full-featured subscriber MyAccount page
- Unique bulk online subscription feature (BOSP), capable of dramatically increasing circulation numbers and advertising revenues
- Subscriber login with optional cookie for automatic sign-in
- Reader membership system for subscribers
- Automatic reader notification prior to subscription expiration (can be disabled)
- Subscriber password reset feature
- Unsubscribe feature
- Portability - can be installed Linux, Mac, or Windows servers
- Built-in IP security feature limits sessions to a single IP for added security
- Unique encryption key system to maintain security of user passwords
- Neither unencrypted passwords, nor credit cards, are stored locally, on your website, or on your server
- Website backup feature
Portability & Security